Adrenal Stress Panel
- Availability: In Stock
Collect saliva samples in the privacy of your own home and measure important fatigue contributors including:
- Temporal free cortisol rhythm
- Fasting and non-fasting insulin
- DHEA and DHEAs
- Gluten Sensitivity
- Hydroxyprogesterone (genetic complications)
- Salivary SIgA (immune strength)
Our Adrenal Stress Panel measures stress hormones, insulin levels and other major factors like gluten sensitivity and hormonal precursors to determine the causes of your adrenal fatigue, exhaustion, cravings and obesity.
Consider this test if you are experiencing:
- Lack of energy and exhaustion
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Difficulty waking up or falling asleep
- Waking throughout the night
- Blood sugar dysregulation
- Autoimmune disorders
- Slow wound healing
- Excess belly fat
- Aging skin
Our convenient at-home testing kit utilizes four saliva samples collected at specific time periods throughout the day to provide the most accurate analysis.
The adrenal glands do not secrete steroid hormones at a constant level throughout the day; instead they are released in a cycle, with the highest value in the morning and the lowest value at night when functioning properly. An abnormal adrenal rhythm can influence many functions of the body.
The Adrenal Stress Panel measures:
- Temporal Free Cortisol Rhythm (am, noon, afternoon, midnight) â€“ Normal rhythm begins with the highest levels in the morning and decreases until the lowest levels are reached around midnight. Most adrenal fatigue sufferers have opposite levels.
- DHEA and DHEA-s â€“ DHEA levels decrease with age and have the same effects of cortisol rhythm imbalance, so testing is important to narrow down which hormone is out of balance.
- Fasting and Non-Fasting Insulin â€“ Elevated cortisol leads to insulin resistance which causes excess blood sugar to turn to fat.
- Hydroxyprogesterone â€“ This hormone can rule out or confirm genetic adrenal gland complications.
- Gluten Sensitivity â€“ Gluten sensitivity creates an inflammatory response in the body which can quickly deplete cortisol levels.
- Salivary SIgA (strength of immune system response) â€“ The validity of gluten sensitivity results can be determined by measuring your normal immune response. It also shows lowered immune function as a result of stress.
How It Works
After ordering the test kit, collect your saliva samples in the privacy of your home and send directly to our affiliated medical laboratory.
After assessing your samples at the lab, your results go directly to nutritionist Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS., after which you will receive a personalized letter of recommendations along with your test results.
These results can also be shared with your health care practitioner. Follow-up testing is suggested within 3 to 4 months.
Instructions, submittal form, saliva vials, and mailing envelope.
Special offers, promo codes and discounts do not apply to this product
Q: Do samples need to be collected at the exact time listed on the vial?
A: No, they can be collected within a one-hour window before or after the designated time.
Q: Should I stop taking Adrenal Formula 3-5 days before collection?
Q: Should I stop using ProgestaKey 3-5 days before collection?
Q: What if I can't produce enough saliva?
A: You may smell a lemon wedge, vinegar, pickle juice, or your favorite food, or even chew dental grade paraffin wax.
Q: Should I perform the Carbohydrate Stimulation Test?
Q: I'm taking an antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication. Should I stop for 3-5 days prior to collection?
A: No, please continue your medications as prescribed. If you can, collect your morning sample before taking your daily dose of medication.
Q: What day should I collect my samples?
A: On your â€œtypicalâ€ day. Adrenal hormones fluctuate from moment to moment based on emotional and physiological stress, so to get an accurate measurement of your daily life, do not perform the test on a particularly stressful or significantly relaxing day. Samples need to reach the laboratory within 8 days of collection, and they may be refrigerated for up to 3 days after collection if necessary. Try to plan your shipment so the samples arrive to the laboratory on a week day without sitting in transit over the weekend.
Q: I messed up my samples. Can I get another kit?
A: Yes, for the cost of shipping and handling.
Q: I misplaced my paperwork. Can I get another copy?
A: Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.