Let’s get one thing straight. Your kitchen is your personal laboratory of life. Learn how a simple kitchen makeover — the kitchen essentials you stock and what you cook in it — can make all the difference for weight loss, wellness and good health.
I would like to help you get set up for your healthiest, best-ever year yet. So here’s a sneak peek into my kitchen to let you know FIRST HAND the best tools of the trade and how to give your home a kitchen makeover for weight loss and wellness!
2020 is not only a new year, but it’s a new decade. Many are on board to wipe the health slate clean and get a fresh start for an even healthier YOU. If you look in your own kitchen and wonder where to start, what to buy at the grocery store, or which supplements to order, then read on. This blog post is custom made for your healthy kitchen makeover.
The truth is that for the past 40 years I’ve been doing the research, watching the trends, and now I have my tried-and-true essentials to share with you. The good news is I’ve found some new quick and easy solutions to help keep you on target for your health and weight loss goals. Whether you are looking for daily detox solutions, quick and healthy snacks, thirst quenchers, pantry staples, or clean supplements, I’ve got you covered.
Daily Detox Kitchen Equipment
In our toxic environment, detox can no longer be a seasonal or yearly event, it must be daily. There are over 80,000 chemicals in our air, water, and food, and we must be vigilant to keep our environment as clean as possible if we want to lose weight and preserve our health.
- Municipal water supplies and simple carbon filters aren’t enough to filter out all the chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and heavy metals that are contaminating our water supplies. A stronger, more effective filter is needed. I recommend the Metalgon filters from UNI KEY Health. The countertop version is convenient and easy to use in your kitchen and doesn’t require permanent installation.
- For a more comprehensive, whole house water filtration system or for individualized water testing and filtration solutions, I recommend CWR Enviro. Their water – and air – filtration systems are the best and most specialized filtration systems I’ve found. I personally use them in my own home.
- One of the most common questions I’m asked about detoxing the kitchen is what to cook with. Xtrema 100% ceramic cookware is all-natural, nontoxic, and nonreactive. From the glaze to its core, they are free from metals, glues, polymers, coatings, dyes, and harmful chemicals and plastics.
VitaClay is my favorite slow cooker and pressure cooker. Stewing your food in a slow cooker decreases the harmful AGEs (Advanced Glycation End products) while retaining the delicious flavor and texture. Pressure cooking is a fast and easy way to cook foods that would normally require hours of roasting or baking. This not only reduces the AGEs of the foods but also lowers the histamine levels of them.
Quick and Healthy Snacks to Makeover Your Kitchen
Let’s face it – we don’t always have the time we need to make healthy and delicious meals. Sometimes we need snacks on-the-go, and other times we just want to indulge in a healthy treat with friends. The good news is I’ve found everything from granola to wine that passes my stringent standards for nutrient content.
- Granola is one of the most versatile quick foods to keep on hand, in my opinion. You can serve it warm in the mornings with coconut cream and a few fresh berries, or snack on it by the handful when you need something crunchy. Autumn’s Gold Grain Free Granola is my new go-to. You can find it at Costco or order it online.
Atlas Bars are non-GMO, real food protein bars with no added sugars. I don’t recommend using protein bars as meal replacements, but if you are traveling or just need to quell a mid-afternoon craving, these are my first choice to fill that need.
- If the chocoholic in you needs satisfying, turn to Lily’s chocolates for snacking or baking. These indulgent, guilt-free chocolates have no added sugar and many contain prebiotics which help feed the healthy bacteria in your microbiome.
- When you just need that crunch and fresh veggies aren’t cutting it, turn to Jackson’s Honest Purple Heirloom Potato Chips, made only with non-GMO potatoes, organic coconut oil, and sea salt, or make your own. Purple potatoes have 4 times the antioxidants of white potatoes, making them quite the nutrient dense snack.
Coffee, tea and wine have all become part of the daily rituals for many people across the planet. I understand how difficult it is to give these up when they are tied to our culture or our daily routines. The good news is that you don’t have to! Nontoxic, antioxidant-rich brands actually help promote weight loss and health, which is why coffee and tea are integrated into my Radical Metabolism plan.
Purity Coffee lives up to its name by being the cleanest, most antioxidant-rich coffee brand I’ve found, with up to 10 times the antioxidants of other coffees. Laboratory testing also shows it to be free of mold, mycotoxins, and chemical contaminants.
Pique Tea is not your grandma’s tea. Their special brewing process concentrates the antioxidants and produces crystals that dissolve in either cold or hot water to make them the ultimate, convenient on-the-go drink. Organic and triple-screened for mycotoxins, pesticides, and heavy metals, this tea has up to 12 times the antioxidant polyphenols of regular tea.
- I’ve got news for you – unless your wine is organically grown, it’s contaminated with pesticides and mycotoxins. Dry Farm Wines are testing by an independent lab to ensure their purity, and are sugar and carb free while being low in sulfites.
Pantry Staples for Your Kitchen Makeover
From the right oils to nutrient-rich flours, your pantry needs to be stocked with healthy essentials to keep you on track.
- I love to experiment with unique flours to keep my menu feeling more gourmet and less blasé. My new favorites are sweet potato and Jerusalem artichoke flours. My source for clean, alternative flours is nuts.com.
- Getting your essential fats in is critical for building health at the cellular level, as you may have discovered in my Radical Metabolism plan. Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9 fats need to be in our pantry staples. Organic flax oil and cold-milled flax seeds from UNI KEY Health are rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats.
- Hemp Hearts are a perfectly balanced source of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fats. While they are technically nuts, they are often referred to as seeds or hearts. Sprinkle them on salads for extra crunch, add to smoothies, or include in your favorite energy bites or cookie recipes. Manitoba Harvest is a trustworthy organic brand you can find online.
- There isn’t a better oil I’ve found for your digestion than pine nut oil. I like to drizzle it on my salads and steamed vegetables for an added nutty flavor, or you can take it by the teaspoonful if you have digestive issues. I trust Siberian Tiger Naturals brand.
Clean Supplements for Your Kitchen Makeover
Have you heard? Some of the biggest supplement companies that had a reputation for clean, reliable supplements have been recently bought out by major conglomerates known to have no regard for quality. Sadly, this is nothing new. As the First Lady of Nutrition, I’ve watched supplement companies come and go over the past 4 decades in similar situations. This is why I only trust UNI KEY Health for my supplements. They’ve never wavered in their commitment to cleanliness and quality, sourcing ingredients from the most pristine areas of the world and doing independent third party testing to ensure their purity.
Time-C. Whether you’re looking for healthier hair and nails or pain-free joints, collagen is the new buzzword when it comes to supplements and protein powders. But, taking collagen as a supplement is not the most efficient way for your body to get its needs met. Your body makes the many types of collagen it needs from vitamin C and other supporting nutrients. One vitamin C does not fit all. People who are sensitive to oxalates can’t take large doses of vitamin C at once, because it converts to oxalates and can lead to kidney stones in susceptible people. Time C solves this problem with its time-released formula.
- Not all whey protein powders are the same. Choose one made from A2 milk protein, non-denatured, and tested to be hormone-free, chemical-free, and heavy metal-free. Fat Flush Whey Protein Powder is a great addition to smoothies and can be used to make everything from pancakes to hot cocoa for a healthier, protein-packed sweet treat.
- If you are dairy-free or on a plant-based diet, turn to UNI KEY Health’s Body Protein Powder, made from non-GMO pea and rice protein. With one of the highest Protein Efficiency Ratios available, it’s a complete source of amino acids and tested to be free from gluten, dairy, egg, soy, artificial sweeteners, and heavy metals.
For a FREE daily dose of tips and strategies for maintaining healthy weight, conquering insomnia, and much more…check out my Radical Health Tips.
I’d like to meet and greet you on my Facebook groups, so won’t you check us out at the Radical Metabolism Revolution, Fat Flush Nation, or my Inner Circle!