Recipe: Summer Salad Power Bowl
Summer Salad Power Bowl
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 (16-ounce) bag of mixed greens (spinach, romaine, arugula, etc)
- 8 ounces broccoli florets, cut
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- ½ cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 15-20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp flax oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ clove garlic, pressed, grated, or finely minced
- Pinch of grated ginger
- 1 packet of Stevia (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the shrimp in a bag with the flax oil and lemon pepper; shake the bag to coat evenly.
- Place the shrimp on a greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the greens and add cilantro, green onions, pineapple, blueberries and tomatoes on top.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the last 7 ingredients to make the dressing.
- Add shrimp to the greens and drizzle with the dressing; toss to coat evenly.
I tend to play around a lot with salad. I try to use fruits and vegetables that are readily available for the season. So what better combo than blueberry and pineapple for summer! I also like to play around with vinaigrette dressings. Try adding different seasonings to your oil and vinegar until you come up with a combo you like. Hope you enjoy!